Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Where to Shop

I have some favorite places when I'm shopping for something related to organizing. Most of my ideas come from catalogues or displays that I see. There are some really great stores and catalogues that you can check out if you're looking for some new, fresh ideas. Sometimes the best finds come from random local shops, so don't overlook those and skip right to the chain stores.

My favorite national organizational stores are: Pottery Barn, Williams Sonoma (very limited organizational materials, but very inspirational), Target, The Container Store, Crate and Barrel, Bed Bath and Beyond, California Closets, Sears (I only like this store for outdoor and garage-type organization) and The Home Depot/Lowes (you can find some great bargains!). Most home stores will have great organizational concepts that will pique your interest.

I love looking through catalogues that have great ideas on how to better organize your home in a design-friendly manner. HomeGoods, Home Decorators Collection, Lillian Vernon and Improvements are some catalogues with great pictures and organizational design concepts.

There are tons of magazines that offer an article here and there about organizing something specific, but some I like in particular are: Real Simple, O at Home, Better Homes and Gardens, Good Housekeeping, Martha Stewart Living and Cooking Light. There are a few organize-specific magazines out there, but they can be tricky to find.

Also, there are countless websites with more tips and suggestions, but I'd rather you read mine.

1 comment: