Sunday, February 22, 2009

Over-the-Door Organization

A true space saver is an over the door organizer, whether it is a shoe rack, a hook, a set of hooks, or a hamper, it will be your best friend if you are in need of maximizing your space and getting things off the floor. There are several price points to over the door organizers, you can do it very inexpensively, or not so at all. In addition, you can find a very wide variety of options for over-the-door storage.

Hooks to hang over your doors are such a genius invention I wish I could take credit for. One of the downsides to my bedroom/bathroom is that I have more pocket doors than hinged doors. I take full advantage of the regular hinged doors for their organizational capabilities. On the back of one door I have my shoe rack, and on the back of the other door I have a set of eight hooks. I use the hooks to hang my purses from. If I had more doors to take advantage of I would use one door to hang another set of hooks on with the intention of hanging sweatshirts, tank tops and pajamas. If my bathroom door was on hinges I would use another set of hooks to hang our bathroom towels and my bathrobe from. I really wish that our entry way closet door was on hinges because I would use hooks to hang scarves and umbrellas from.

Without my over the door shoe organizer I would most certainly not be as organized as I am. I actually wish I had another shoe organizer or two because I have so many pairs of shoes they don't all fit together. There are several different types of over the door shoe organizers on the market. Shop around and figure out what you're really looking for in a shoe organizer. I really love mine. It has 24 pockets and I can fit two shoes in most of the pockets, depending on what shoes they are.

Over the door wreath hooks are available so you don't have to nail into your front door to display your holiday or seasonal wreath. I love this idea because I really love to hang a wreath for a beautiful, fresh holiday decoration.



No comments:

Post a Comment