Friday, November 5, 2010

Unpacking and Organizing the Kitchen

Really, in all honesty, I don’t mind unpacking as much as I mind packing and physically moving. I can’t say I did much in the physical moving department because I was at work during that time (well played on my part, I might add!). My assistance was best utilized in the unboxing and putting away departments.




On move-day, my first priority was to make a great big dent in unpacking the kitchen. The kitchen is my domain and stomping grounds, so I wanted to take extra time to make sure that it was exactly how I wanted it to be. We have some pretty snazzy cabinetry that allows for ultimate space maximization.



If you have the capacity to make some changes in your kitchen cabinets, here are some recommendations:

Lazy Susan’s that pull out of the cabinet





Custom, adjustable shelves – be sure that you can fit your tall bottles of olive oil and other assorted cooking liquids



Deep, enormous pantry – mine goes at least 7 cans deep.



As you can see, I use my pantry door as a little note place – great for keeping the recycling schedule handy + our calendar of what’s going on. No better place than the pantry door!



Drawers for pots & pans – this is just a must



Cookie sheet cupboard (I don’t have this )

...but I do have a great refrigerator!



Built-in drawer organizers (for things like spoons, forks, etc.)
(Don't have this either - I just do it myself and keep it civilized.)

No comments:

Post a Comment