Thursday, June 4, 2009

My Questions for YOU

I'm always curious where people stray from being organized. In what way of your own life are you the least organized?

1. Frequently running late (time management)
2. Frequently forgetting things (planning ahead)
3. Messy buildup/clutter in home/office/car (clutter)
4. Putting things off until the last minute (procrastination)
5. Disorganized storage
6. Lack of motivation or follow through
7. Other

What about the opposite - where do your strengths lie with regard to being organized?

Feel free to comment or send me an e-mail, acomb@live.com -- I'm always willing to answer any personal organizing questions or dilemmas you may have!

4 comments:

  1. I feel like this question was written for me...

    I am usually on time, if not early. I never miss appointments (knock on wood). My room is a mess, but my kitchen and living room spaces are immaculate.

    I put papers off until the last minute - usually b/c the topic doesn't interest me... or because I can do A material in <24 hrs (usually). But, I also hate my life when I have to write 15 pages in 2 days.

    Dr. Ali - can you help me? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great question Julie ISU08. My advice for your paper procrastination is to change how you think about your papers. You have the mindset that you can write an "A" paper in a day, so you stick with it. If you change your mindset and allow yourself to branch from that and start your paper a week or two or three before it's due, you might be able to relax and enjoy it more.

    I would suggest when you get the assignment to make out a little schedule or a timeline from that point until the paper is due and give yourself a few hours each day, depending on the length/topic, etc. Spreading your papers out over several days or weeks will help you balance your time very, very well, not to mention makeing it a much more enjoyable experience for you.

    But like I said, it's all about your mindset. You need to change how you think about writing these papers. You think like a procrastinator now. You need to change your thinking to someone who gets EVERYTHING done early. Think of it as an appointment that you need to pprepare for ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Organized Ali! I will try it in England =)

    ReplyDelete